The international medical residency programs give chance to the applicants to enhance their skills and further their knowledge, preparing them for the tough competition in the medical field in the future. The international programs allow them to get a degree overseas for the opportunity to be well trained and skilled.
If you’re applying for several residency programs, we will tailor your letter to each. It will tremendously boost your admission chances.
All residency recommendation letters are written by our experts in compliance with the ERAS® application system standards.
In case of issues with quality, delivery, and so on, you can ask us for repayment.
You’ll be offered to fill in a questionnaire for us to write relevant personalized text.
Applicants can also apply at medical residency in USA for international students. USA medical schools offer comprehensive training and curriculum to residents. For a guide on how to apply to some top programs, see the following.
Residency Programs for International Medical Graduates
Get the price reduced by 20%
- Current ECFMG certification in 3 areas of exam
- USMLE step one and step two scores of 220 or higher. The exam should be taken in the last 3 years and it must have passed all parts of the exam, which include the clinical skills and clinical knowledge in the first attempt. The official USMLE transcript is required as well.
- A medical degree in the last 7 years
- Attestation that the applicant has not been subject to challenges, disciplinary action, review, informal or formal action, by an ethics committee, medical disciplinary boards, licensing board, education/training school or professional association
- Applicants are planning to apply for the preliminary surgery residency position at the institution.
- 3 letters of recommendation from the people who are familiar with applicant clinical patient care skills as well as potential to function as a resident
- Receptive English skills
- Applicants need to submit the following documents to the surgical education manager of the school:
- UW department surgery coversheet
- Copy of latest ECFMG certificate
- Medical school transcript copy
- Official USMLE transcript with step one and step two scores
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Written statement explaining applicant career goals
Medical doctors are required to earn Doctor of Medicine from an accredited school. They need to complete seven or more years of training as well as earn a medical license to practice medicine. Doctors treat patients in different areas, like oncology, radiology, anesthesia, pediatrics, internal medicine, gynecology, surgery, and psychiatry. They use the knowledge to treat and diagnose injuries and illnesses, perform diagnostic tests, prescribe medications as well as perform surgery. They can delegate some tasks such as a nurse or nurses’ practitioners.
General Requirements in Applying to Medical Residency
Application for ECFMG certification: Submit an application for ECFMG certification before applying for the examination.Examination requirements: International medical graduates need to pass the step one and two of US medical licensing examination, which is the same examination taken by Canadian and US graduates.
- Medical examination
- Pass step one of the USMLE
- Pass step two USMLE clinical knowledge
- Clinical skills examination
Medical education credential requirements
- IMG are awarded for credit for at least 4 credit years of medical school
- Final medical school transcripts
- Documentation for completion of all credits as well as receipt of final medical diploma
- Graduation year and physician’s medical school year listed in World Directory of Medical schools
Medical Residency Programs: Why Are They Popular?
Medical residency programs are popular because there are many students and professionals who want to get a higher education. It is their help to become a certified and licensed medical doctors or practitioners. With the recent growth in the number of medical school class size and medical schools, the demand for medical training is getting larger annually.
Why Applicants Choose the Programs
Applicants can choose one from the medical schools above for an excellent medical education. With the best training from these medical schools, students can ensure the proper knowledge, abilities, and skills they need in preparing for their future career. Professional faculty members help students and residents to engage in research and teaching opportunities.
Some Schools or Universities Offering Medical Residency
Here are some of the great schools offering medical residency to students, professionals, and residents. You can check out the school to know what medical residency they offer to applicants.
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Toronto
- University of Massachusetts
- Maryland Radiation Program
Start applying in your chosen program, prepare and complete the required documents. In applying, you need to check the website of the school for complete details and to get also an idea about the submission deadline for documents.
Our Highly-Professional Writing Team Can Help!
Hiring our expert writing company to help you with all international medical residency programs documents writing/editing is the best idea because our specialists can assist you well, as well as save your time and effort. We have the right skills not to mention the experience to write all the application papers properly. You are welcome to check our sample letters of recommendation for residency application and ensure the quality we offer to our clients!
Affordability is a major factor and by hiring our writing services, you will definitely receive cost-saving solutions that will enable you to enjoy our services in a long term basis. We will provide you the best specialist depending on the project to maximize the quality and success of your task. Get the best help from our experts online now!